Main Purpose of the Job
The Dental Assistant provides chairside assistance and support to the dentist and other professionals in the practice. As part of the dental practice team, he/she will work within his/her scope of practice and be responsible for providing patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual care to patients. Patients should feel that they have been dealt with in a friendly, courteous manner and that all that can be done for them, has been done. “Going the extra mile” is our philosophy.
The Dental Assistant works closely with the dentist and other team members to provide efficient, effective, professional services.
Join our rapidly growing business in an area with unlimited potential for new ideas and initiatives. We are an innovative practice that is dedicated 110% to helping our clients get better and more importantly, stay better.
We Seek Someone With the Following Traits
1 – 3 years previous work experience working with people and preferably in the health or caring field.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Mature outlook.
Fit Within Team
Resilient and able to work under pressure.
Able to deal with difficult situations.
Co-operative and shares workload and information.
Commitment to the Practice in the medium term.
- Computer literate.
- Competent keyboard skills.
- Thorough knowledge and practice of current cross-infection procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of handling and use of dental materials.
- Thorough knowledge of assisting procedures for all treatment undertaken in Practice.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment used daily and able to perform routine maintenance.
- Able to order stock for Practice within Practice guidelines.
- Competent in reading treatment charts and understanding dental terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of safety guidelines regarding use of radiation.
- Thorough knowledge of OSH requirements relating to position.
Qualification & Training
Current CPR Certificate. Inoculations up to date.
Committed to ongoing learning and education.
- Warm, welcoming and flexible.
- Good communication skills.
- Sensitive to the needs of others.
- A good listener.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Personal integrity and awareness.
- Good patient advocate.
- Aware of own limitations and professional boundaries and ability to refer appropriately.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with fluctuating workloads.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Punctual and reliable in attendance.
- Excellent personal hygiene and presentation.
- Excellent standard of oral hygiene.
Excellent remuneration is available and professional development is encouraged with financial support offered for ongoing study.
All current and aspiring front of staffs/receptionists are also encouraged to apply – we want to meet you!
Hurry – this job will not last!