Main Purpose of the Job
The Dental Receptionist provides assistance and support to the dentist, other professionals, and the practice manager in the practice. As part of the dental practice team, they will be responsible for providing front-line reception services, assisting and communicating with staff accordingly to provide patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual care to patients. They are the first point of contact with patients and visitors and will assist in coordinating the services and has a role in prioritizing workflows and managing patient expectations.
Join our rapidly growing business in an area with unlimited potential for new ideas and initiatives. We are an innovative practice that is dedicated 110% to helping our clients get better and more importantly, stay better.
We Seek Someone With the Following Traits
Previous customer services and administration experience.
- At least 2 years dental front office staff.
- Previous dental chairside experience.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Committed to practice treatment philosophy.
Fit Within Team
- Experience in successfully working in a team environment
- Flexible in the role.
- Develops working relationships with the whole team.
- Causes no friction.
- Works towards common goals.
Qualification & Training
- Microsoft suite experience.
- Customer service training including telephone skills and dealing with difficult situations.
- Communication skills training.
- Previous PMS experience.
- Certificate in Business Studies or similar.
- Computer literate.
- Competent keyboard skills.
- Knowledge of equipment used daily and able to perform routine maintenance.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements relating to position.
- Knowledge of dental terminology so is able to read treatment plans and charting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including spelling, grammar and ‘secretarial skills’.
- Numeracy skills.
Ideal Person Specification
- Demonstrated administrative skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills with a systematic and methodical approach
- High level of interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds, able to assert oneself confidently and tactfully
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under fluctuating levels of pressure
- People skills that show a good working relationship in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience using a range of software packages effectively
- Experience planning time to meet deadlines
- Experience cash handling
- Neat and tidy, with grooming appropriate to a clinical setting
- Punctual and reliable work attendance
- Current driver’s license.
- Warm, welcoming and flexible.
- Good communication skills.
- Suggests solutions to problems.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail
- Mature outlook.
- Personal integrity and awareness.
- Able to self-manage tasks.
- Accepts requests for change and acts upon them.
- Accepts responsibility for results of own work.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Committed to ongoing education and training.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Punctual and reliable in attendance.
- Excellent personal hygiene and presentation.
- Resilient and able to work under pressure.
- Able to deal with difficult situations.
- Supportive of roles of all staff in practice.
- Excellent oral hygiene.
- Clear personal goals and plans for future achievement.
- Commitment to the practice in the medium term.
Excellent remuneration is available and professional development is encouraged with financial support offered for ongoing study.
20 – 30 hours a week. For the right candidate, permanent full-time may be offered.
All current and aspiring front of staffs/receptionists are also encouraged to apply – we want to meet you!
Hurry – this job will not last!